Published on January 9th, 2016 | by Michaelw4
Top ten foods for kidney disease – part 2
During the last years, I’ve written several articles to cover the subject of the appropriate renal diet. The matter is in fact really wide and significant, for a kidney patient.
The thing is, a lot of diets (and some dieticians) will decline an extensive list of things that you should limit or not eat at all.
The following foods can really help kidney patients. Read the list carefully, you could find some nice things to add to your diet.
In some cases this can lead patients to just remove these dangerous foods from their diets. Which is certain good, but wouldn’t be better to focus on what a kidney patients should eat to improve their health?
The best foods for the kidney: top 6
- 6 Fish: Eating fish has too many benefits to count here. One of them is making kidney healthier. Eating fish two times a week can give you amazing results in a short period of time. It will also keep your heart healthy.
- 5 Blueberries: The blue color of this fruit is given by a very beneficial nutrient, anthocyanin. It has a lot of fiber and antioxidants. You also get vitamin C and manganese by eating blueberry. Eating them raw is the best option. Otherwise, there are many cereals that contain blueberries. Also, you can make smoothies, muffins and other desserts (but be careful not to consume too much sugar!)
- 4 Strawberries: There is no need to compel anyone to eat strawberries. They are delicious as it is. Also they are available in so many forms. You can eat them raw or in pudding. They are also used for making cereals. They provide manganese, vitamin C and a lot of fiber. They are not just good for kidney disease, but also keep your heart healthy. They also protect our bodies against inflammation and cancer.
- 3 Red grapes: The first thing that comes to mind when talking about red grapes is the red wine. Although it is not as such recommended in kidney disease, you can have a little every now and then. Besides that, red grapes can be eaten raw. You can add them to chicken salad. Otherwise, grape juice is also a good option. Red grapes help maintain the blood flow and also keep your heart healthy. They relax your muscles and also give you a glowing skin.
- 2 Apples: Apples have always been famous for keeping the doctor away. They can also help you in getting rid of the kidney disease. By eating at least one apple a day, you can control your cholesterol. It also reduces the risk of a heart disease. It is easy to consume, which is a very big thing. Just take it out of the refrigerator and start eating. You do not need anything for flavor. But there are other options also. For instance, you can have apple sauce, apple juice or even apple milk shake.
- 1 Red bell peppers: The reason for this vegetable being on the top of our list is that it has low potassium, folic acid and fiber, which is good for a weak kidney.
But that’s not all. It provides you a lot of essential nutrients, including vitamins A, C and B6. Besides that, it has a nice flavor. If that’s not enough, it also has lycopene. This is an antioxidant that prevents certain types of cancer. You do not need to eat it raw, though it is recommended. You can mix it up with chicken salad, or roast it and use it as toppings for sandwiches. There are many other ways to make it delicious, so you shouldn’t have any difficulties adding it to your diet!.